Friday, July 27, 2018

When did I lose my identity?  I was born with it.  I developed it in school, molding myself from my mistakes and failures.  By the time I was in high school, I was pretty well developed.  While in college, my confidence was chipped away by rejection and social missteps, but I still had my identity.

After college, I worked and built a life for myself.  I moved from my parents home to a new state and grew, but didn't prosper.  I looked for companionship and friendships and more social acceptance.  I met my life partner and got married and had children.  My parents love him, more than me I think, and my siblings get along with him.  I had children and my family grew.

But where did my identity go?  There are times when I don't feel as if I am fully evolved...i am someone's wife, someone's mother, someone's daughter or someone's sister.  BUT WHO AM I???

When did I lose my identity, or did I ever even have it to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment